4/23/12

Maintenance is cheaper than repairs !

I've said it a million times , I'm sure. Maintenance is key to saving money in the long run . I just bought this truck and it is hurtin' ! It would not start easy - it ran like shit . After some routine maintenance - I found a broken wire causing the glow plugs to not work , the oil was like water and the transmission fluid was low causing some hard shifting . The worst thing I found was the fuel filter - take a look ....
I don't know when is was changed last , but $23 is a small price to pay considering this could put you on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck .
I work on a lot of old junk and no matter if its a bicycle , motorcycle , diesel truck or a toilet - maintenance is cheaper than a repair !
This stuff ain't that hard - if you don't know how to do it - look it up online !! If you still feel it's still beyond you , support a local shop and your ride will support you .
Stop spending hard earned money on something new and take care of the stuff you have  . I find lots of good stuff at the dump simply because people do not take a few minutes to learn to fix a problem . You will feel rewarded with some new knowledge and working with your hands as well as have a few extra bucks for some beer.....